Call for a quote today.
Scott Schofield Construction Inc
“I am a second generation “dirt digger” growing up in the business here in Park City, Utah and being trained by my own father… or in other words, it’s not only in my blood, but I’ve made a life of using equipment for earth work and love doing it. My goal is to run this business in a way that people just won’t consider going anywhere else for their excavation needs and to provide an almost “family-like” environment for our staff, so that our work can continue to be more than just a job.” – Scott Schofield, President
Dirt Digging with Professionalism & Innovation
From the start in 1998, I decided if I’m going to do this, I’m going to do it right and bring professionalism to the dirt digging industry. Our office manager and staff see to it that every job is tracked thoroughly and precisely.
We have ongoing relationships with the local inspectors and other subcontractors and have worked with and been recommended by many of them. We are the first sub-trade to begin a project and it is our goal to be helpful and work well with others to keep the job moving along smoothly.
Receive Detailed and Accurate Bids
We use the latest excavation software, Business Center by Trimble, and have been doing so since 2008! This process makes our bids highly accurate and reliable.
The software allows us to calculate yardage and quantities by creating a 3-D model of your site’s existing topography and overlaying it with another 3-D model of your sites complete proposed grades. It is very amazing and informative to see your job as a 3-D model. (See sample images provided herein.)
It accurately quantifies all cuts, fills, import/export, and any sub-layers such as driveway gravel/concrete or patios right down to the cubic inch!
This is FREE of charge and comes with each bid!
We Are Not Too Big, and Not Too Small
In all industries there are a handful of businesses that just seem to do it better than the rest by keeping things simple. How? By maintaining low overhead with minimal spending while still offering the same services as their competition. It makes sense and we have naturally taken this approach
- Our staff includes between 20-30 people depending on the season, and we operate 20 machines and 4 dump trucks.
- We try to let the machines do most of the work to keep labor and management costs down.
- We have a fully equipped 7500 square foot shop with 2 full time mechanics and mobile repair truck to keep machine services and repair time to a minimum.
- All of our operators are able to run and manage their own jobs. Each operator is given the responsibility and training to manage their own jobs while working with onsite General Contractors or managers.
- We have a full time General Manager who takes care of scheduling, job management, bidding, billing and all other day-to-day tasks.